The Embassy of Japan in Pakistan in collaboration with SAARC Energy Centre (SEC) and National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) organized the 8th Japan-SAARC Energy Symposium on 10 and 11 March, 2015 at NUST Campus, Islamabad, Pakistan.The theme for the symposium was “Medium Term Vision for Energy Connectivity in the SAARC Region”.
Honourable State Minister for Water and Power, Government of Pakistan, Ch. Abid Sher Ali inaugurated the Symposium. Director (ETS), SAARC Secretariat, Mr. Ahmar Ismail represented the Secretary General, SAARC for this Symposium. Director General (S-A & SAARC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan, Mr. Mohammad Nafees Zakaria offered welcome address during the inaugural session. Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, Government of Japan Mr. Kazuyuki Nakane and Director, SEC Mr. Muhammad Naeem Malik delivered keynote addresses setting the perspective for a critical debate on the strategic way forward with respect to energy connectivity in the SAARC region. Delegates from all the SAARC Member States, experts and professionals from
Pakistan participated in the Symposium and contributed through presentations and lively discussions.
Engr. Muhammad Asghar, Rector – NUST, Pakistan delivered the valedictory address in the Wrap-up session held on 11th March. The 2-day Symposium ended after sharing the symposium outcome proposals by the delegates for paving the way for enhancing the regional energy connectivity.
- Review of Electricity Laws and Regulations of SAARC Member States by D. N. Raina, Click Here
- Regional Interconnections in South Asia by Mr. Anjum Ahmad, Click Here
- Recommendations for the JAPAN- SAARC Roadmap for the Energy Connectivity in the SAARC Region by Mr. Shigeru Sudo, Click Here
- Overview on SAARC Energy Connectivity and Corporation in the SAARC Region by Mr. Mohamed Latheef, Click Here
- The SAARC Power Grid Nepal’s Perspective by Mr. Anil Rajbhandary, Click Here
- Overview on SAARC Energy Connectivity and Cooperation in the SAARC Region, Click Here
- Optimum Development of potential Renewable Energy Resources, Click Here
- Medium Term Vision for Energy Connectivity in the Saarc Region by Mr. Ahmar Ismail, Click Here
- Medium Term Vision For Energy Connectivity in the SAARC Region by Mr. Salis Usman, SEC, Islamabad, Click Here
- JICA’s Cooperation for Energy Sector and Regional Connectivity in South Asia, Click Here
- Energy Connectivity in SAARC Region The CASA Project Model by Mr. Iqbal Mehdi, Click Here
- Energy Connectivity and Cooperation in the SAARC Region In Bangladesh Perspectives by Dr. Aminul Hoque, Click Here
- Medium Term Vision for Energy Connectivity in the SAARC Region, Click Here
- Afghanistan Bridges Central and South Asian Countries with Energy by Prof. Mohammad Shafi Sharifi, Click Here
- Basics but Essentials for Enhancing Regional Connectivity by Mr. K. Kapila C.K. Perera, Click Here