SAARC Energy Center (SEC), Islamabad successfully conducted Training on Energy Statistics and Publishing of National Energy Data for the countries of Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives. A 2 days training was conducted in each country, during which participants were introduced to different tools and techniques on how energy data collected from various sources is standardized and organized by energy type and economic sectors. The training helped them understand the international standards; such as those followed by IEA, EuroStat etc. This training was offered on a specially developed software tool, and the focus of training was on:
- Collecting national energy data and its standardization on internationally acceptable format.
- Organizing the data by different fuel types and economic sectors.
- Creating complete energy balances and finally publishing national energy data for the country
The content of the workshop including Concept Paper, Agenda, Presentations and Pictures are given below:
Workshop Agenda and Concept Paper
- Download Workshop Agenda Afghanistan, Click Here
- Download Workshop Agenda Bhutan, Click Here
- Download Workshop Agenda Maldives, Click Here
- Download Workshop Agenda Nepal, Click Here
- Download Workshop Concept Paper, Click Here
Presentation on Workshop
- Energy Statistics Training Day 1, Presentation, Click Here
- Energy Statistics Training Day 2, Presentation, Click Here