SAARC Energy Centre, Islamabad had successfully organized a Video Conference on “Promotion of Net-Metering in SAARC Member States” on Tuesday, 8th September, 2020
During the Video Conference, the Experts discussed in detail the Net-metering status, Policy regime, Regulatory mechanism, Technology, Tariff policy and its Financing in the SAARC region. The Video Conference shared with the participants as to how Net-metering has been successfully incentivized and implemented by various governments in the SAARC region. The Video Conference helped to build awareness among the stakeholders including public decision makers, private sector, NGOs and individuals etc. on the benefits of Net-metering.
The content of the Video Conference including Concept paper, Agenda, and Presentations are given below:
- Download Concept Paper of Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Provisional Agenda of Video Conference, Click Here
Presentation during Video Conference
- Presentation on Policy and Regulatory Journey of Net Metering in Pakistan by Dr. Irfan Yousuf, Click Here
- Presentation on Policy, Regulations and Success Factors of Rooftop Solar Program in India by Mr. Yuvaraj Dinesh Babu, Click Here
- Presentation on Technical and Commercial Challenges of Net-Metering by Mr. Avishek Malla, Click Here
- Presentation on Enabling and Empowering Distribution Companies to Embrace Rooftop Solar by Mr. Abhishek Ranjan, Click Here
- Presentation on Solar Market Prospect and Net-Metering Strategy in Afghanistan by Mr. Aman Ghalib, Click Here
You may submit comments/views and/or observations on the Video Conference to SAARC Energy Centre through email to Mr. Ahsan Javed, Research Fellow (RE) (email@example.com).