SAARC Energy Centre SEC has conducted a dissemination video conference on 15th February 2021 at 1000-1330 hrs Pakistan Standard Time for study report “Energy Efficiency Improvements in Power Generation and Distribution Sectors of SAARC Countries” in 2020. The objective of this research study was to serve as a guideline for energy efficiency improvements in the power generation and distribution sectors of SAARC countries. The video conference aim to disseminate the findings of the study, get feedback from Member States for value addition, and impress the importance of energy efficiency upon the participants from respective Member States.
The video conference has covered, the following aspects of energy efficiency improvements in generation and distribution sectors:
- General overview of the state of power generation facilities and distribution systems of SAARC Member States.
- An empirical assessment of the opportunities of improvement in the generation of electricity and its distribution in SAARC Member States.
- Identification of low hanging fruits pertaining to energy efficiency in the power generation and distribution network: a roadmap for economically viable implementation of resource saving measures.
- Impact of the energy efficient practices uncovered during the study on the overall operation of the power sector.
- An overview of ways in which power sector regulators can facilitate the adoption of energy efficiency in the sector.
The Draft Study Report, Agenda and Concept Paper are available at the links below:
- Download Study Report, Click Here
- Download Agenda of the Video Conference Click Here
- Download Concept Paper of the Video Conference Click Here
Presentation During Video Conference
- Download Presentation on “Importance of Energy Efficiency Improvements” by Mr. Manoj Bansal , Click Here
- Download Presentation on “Energy Efficiency Analysis of the SAARC Member States” by Mr. Esambadi Nand Gopal, Click Here
- Download Presentation on “Recommendations for Energy Efficiency Improvements” by Mr. Sahil Garg, Click Here
Video Conference Proceeding