SAARC Energy Centre (SEC), has successfully organized a Video Conference to Disseminate Study on “Possible Uses of Crop Residue for Energy Generation Instead of Open Burning” on Friday, 04th September 2020.
The aim of the video conference was to disseminate the findings of a study report among the SAARC Member States and to seek their feedback. The study titled “Possible Uses of Crop Residue for Energy Generation Instead of Open Burning”, evaluates the potential of crop residue available in the SAARC region, for conversion into useful energy and to assess technological options with valid cost-benefit analysis.
Major topics discussed during the video conference included; Overview of the agriculture sector, prevalent disposal methods, and technologies to generate energy from crop residue, Energy generation potential for the Member States, Barriers and challenges for implementation, and recommendations. The video conference was attended by officials from relevant government departments of the SAARC Member States, research organizations, academia, associated industry, and entrepreneurs.
The content of the webinar including the Concept paper, Agenda, and Presentations are given below:
- To Download Video Conference Report, Click Here
- To Download Video Conference Concept Paper, Click Here
- Download Final Agenda of the Video Conference, Click Here
Presentation during Video Conference
- Presentation on Overview of the agriculture sector, prevalent disposal methods, and technologies to generate energy from crop residue by Abijeet Lohakery, Click Here
- Presentation on Energy generation potential for the Member States, barriers and challenges for implementation and recommendations by Sandeep Kumar, Click Here
- Presentation on Challenges in Handling and Utilization of Paddy Straw for Energy Generation by VK Jain, Click Here
Any query and/or clarification may directly be sent to SEC at the following address:
Mr. Ihsanullah Marwat
Research Fellow (Energy Efficiency)
SAARC Energy Centre
Off: +92-51-2228802, Ext: 111
firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: marwatihsan
Alternate e-mail: email@example.com