Video Conference to Disseminate Study on “Possible Uses of Crop Residue for Energy Generation Instead of Open Burning” on Friday, 04th September 2020 from 10:00 AM – 01:00 PM PKT (Pakistan Standard Time).
In order to evaluate the potential of crop residue available in SAARC region, for conversion into useful energy and to assess technological options with valid cost-benefit analysis; SEC carried out a study on “Possible use of crop residue for energy generation instead of open burning” in 2019. To disseminate the findings of the study and to get feedback from the Member States for value addition, SEC is organizing a Video Conference.
This video conference will discuss the Overview of the agriculture sector, prevalent disposal methods and technologies to generate energy from crop residue, Energy generation potential for the Member States, barriers, and challenges for implementation and recommendations. The possible participants of the Video Conference would be officials from relevant government departments of SAARC Member States, research organizations, academia, associated industry, and entrepreneurs.
The links for downloading the Report, Concept paper, and Agenda of the Video Conference for participants are given below.
- To Download Video Conference Report, Click Here
- To Download Video Conference Concept Paper, Click Here
- Download Final Agenda of the Video Conference, Click Here
Presentation during Video Conference
- Presentation on Overview of the agriculture sector, prevalent disposal methods, and technologies to generate energy from crop residue by Abijeet Lohakery, Click Here
- Presentation on Energy generation potential for the Member States, barriers and challenges for implementation and recommendations by Sandeep Kumar, Click Here
- Presentation on Challenges in Handling and Utilization of Paddy Straw for Energy Generation by VK Jain, Click Here
Any query and/or clarification may directly be sent to SEC at the following address:
Mr. Ihsanullah Marwat
Research Fellow (Energy Efficiency)
SAARC Energy Centre
Off: +92-51-2228802, Ext: 111
firstname.lastname@example.org, Skype: marwatihsan
Alternate e-mail: email@example.com