SAARC Energy Centre (SEC) had organized a Webinar on “Achieving Efficiency Improvements in Trucking Sector” on 26th April, 2021 from 1000 to 1100 hrs PKT (Pakistan Standard Time).
Although freight trucks make up a relatively small percentage of the on-road vehicle fleet, they are responsible for a disproportionately large share of fuel consumption and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Due to various factors including lack of truck efficiency, the logistics cost is very high in South Asia and ranges between 13-14 percent of GDP, as compared to 8 percent in the USA. There are wide range of proven technologies currently on the market that can increase the efficiency/mileage of these vehicles. This webinar aims to educate the professionals from SAARC region about advancements in the trucking sector with respect to improved efficiency, and it will provide an opportunity for the audience to engage with the experts of the heavy vehicle transport sector and to seek replies to their queries.
Following important aspects will be covered during the webinar:
- Economics of the trucking sector
- Current scenario of the trucking sector in SAARC
- Drivers for efficiency improvements in the trucking sector
- Technological options and contemporary solutions
- Best regulatory, fiscal and policy tools for driving/promoting efficiency improvements in trucking sector
The provisional agenda, concept paper and the speakers profiles for the webinar are available at the links below:
- Agenda of the webinar, Click Here
- Concept Paper of the webinar, Click Here
- Speakers Profiles, Click Here
You may submit comments/views and/or observations on the video conference to SAARC Energy Centre through email to Mr. Muhammad Umar Mukhtar, Research Fellow (ETE) (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 30th April 2021.