SAARC Energy Centre (SEC), has successfully organized a Webinar on “Energy Planning for Cities of SAARC in Future” on Tuesday, 12th May 2020.
The objective of the Webinar was to educate the participants on the energy planning for the future cities in SAARC. Presenters shared their insights on many energy related areas and future planning of the cities. Experts from India Smart Grid Forum presented on smart cities in India, leveraging smart grid assets for smarter Cities and sustainable mobility while PwC, India presented on future of power and utilities companies. The Webinar was attended by officials from relevant government departments of SAARC Member States, research organizations, academia, city planners and entrepreneurs.
Following were the important aspects covered during the Webinar:
- Desired features of Smart Cities
- Smart Cities in India
- Digitalization of Power Sector
- Need for standard framework for Smart Cities
- Planning of Smart Cities in SAARC Countries
- Energy Efficiency and Emission Control
- Smart Mobility, Future of Transport- the Evolving Revolution
- Challenges and Solution for Power Sector
The agenda, concept paper and presentations of the Webinar are available at the links below:.
Webinar, Report, Agenda and Concept Paper
- To Download Webinar Report, Click Here
- To Download Webinar Agenda, Click Here
- To Download Webinar Concept Paper, Click Here
Presentation During Webinar
- Presentation on Smart Cities in India: Opportunities and Challenges, Solutions and Strategies, Mr. Reji Kumar Pillai, President and Suddhasatta Kundu, Senior Manager, India Smart Grid Forum, Click Here
- Presentation on Leveraging Smart Grid Assets for Smarter Cities by Ms. Reena Suri (Executive Director– India Smart Grid Forum), Click Here
- Presentation on Sustainable Mobility Solutions for Smart Cities of the Future by Mr. Reji Kumar Pillai (President – India Smart Grid Forum), Click Here
- Presentation on Future of Power & Utilities companies by Mr. Sandeep Kumar Mohanty (Director Power and Utilities– PWC India), Click Here