SAARC Energy Centre (SEC), has successfully organized a Webinar to Disseminate Study on “Mobilizing International & Regional Finances/Funding for Implementation of RE Projects in SAARC Member States” on Tuesday, 11th February 2020.
Aim of the webinar was to disseminate findings of a study report among SAARC Member States and to seek their inputs. The study titled “Mobilizing international and regional finances/ funding for implementation of RE projects in SAARC Region”, explore ways to seek support for implementation of RE projects and suggests techniques for mobilization of financing from regional/ international agencies and private sector.
Major topics discussed during the webinar included; Overview of Renewable Energy Landscape in SAARC, Key Financial instruments for RE financing, Key Findings and Recommendations and Financial incentives & mechanisms to encourage private investment. The webinar was attended by officials from relevant government departments of SAARC Member States, research organizations, academia, associated industry and entrepreneurs.
The content of the webinar including Concept paper, Agenda, and Presentations are given below:
Webinar Report, Agenda, Proceeding and Concept Paper
- Webinar Draft Report, Click Here
- Webinar Proceeding, Click Here
- Download Webinar Concept Paper, Click Here
- Download Latest Agenda of the Webinar, Click Here
Presentation during Webinar
- Overview of Renewable Energy Landscape in SAARC by Mr. Rahul Raizada, Click Here
- Financial Instruments for RE Financing by Mr. Ankit Vivek, Click Here
- Key Findings and Recommendations by Mr. Sandeep Kumar Mohanty, Click Here
- Financial Incentives & Mechanisms to Encourage Private Investment In Renewable Energy Sector by Amer Zafar Durrani, Click Here