SAARC Energy Centre, Islamabad successfully organized a Video Conference to Disseminate the Study on “Assessment of Industry Readiness for Manufacturing of Battery Electric Vehicles in SAARC Countries” on Tuesday, 29th September 2020 from 1300 – 1600 PST (Pakistan Standard Time).
Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) demand is rising globally. Buyers are mostly attracted to these vehicles based on several factors such as savings on fuel cost, low maintenance and robust performance. In addition, BEVs have a significant positive impact on energy and the environment. BEVs can assist in improving efficiency in electricity systems through storage and demand-response services. The use of BEVs can reduce local air pollution and the country’s share in global carbon emissions. It also helps in lower spending on fossil fuels which are, in case of most SAARC Member States, imported from abroad at the expense of precious foreign reserves. In this context SEC under its thematic area of “Programme on Successfully Implement Technology Transfer (POSIT)” conducted a study on “Assessment of Industry Readiness for Manufacturing of Battery Electric Vehicles” in FY-2019.
This video conference was aimed towards getting feedback from member states for value addition in the study report, and to build awareness among the Member States. The study authors and other experts shared their research and knowledge through presentations.
The content of this video conference including a video conference report, concept paper, agenda, the draft study report and presentations are given below:
Video Conference Report, Concept Paper, Agenda and the Study Report
- Download Report of Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Concept Paper of Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Agenda of the Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Draft Study Report, Click Here
Presentation during Video Conference
- Download Presentation on “Industry Readiness for Manufacturing of Battery Electric Vehicles in Pakistan”, by Dr Muhammad Shakeel Sadiq Jajja, Click Here
- Download Presentation on “Industry Readiness for Manufacturing of Battery Electric Vehicles in India”, by Dr Haritha Saranga, Click Here
- Download Presentation on “Present Eco-system of BEV manufacturing: Challenges & Opportunities”, by Pinal Satish Mehta and Pramit Pal, Click Here
Video Conference Proceeding