SAARC Energy Centre, Islamabad successfully organized a Video Conference on “Roadmap for the Implementation of SAARC Framework Agreement on Energy Cooperation (Electricity)” on Tuesday, 22 September 2020.
Recognizing the importance of electricity in promoting economic growth and improving the quality of life, “SAARC Framework Agreement for Energy Cooperation (Electricity)” was signed in 2014. Adoption of this agreement is a crucial step towards a SAARC Market for Electricity on a regional basis. The key objectives of this agreement are to improve power availability in the entire region and facilitate the integrated operation of the regional power grid.
During the video conference, experts from ADB, PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt. Ltd. India, SARI/EI India, and CPPA-G Pakistan discussed the progress achieved on the implementation of the Framework Agreement, ongoing efforts, future outlook, and recommendations to further the cause of this agreement.
The Video Conference Report, Concept Paper, Agenda, and Presentations during the video conference are available at the links mentioned below:
- Download Report of the Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Concept Paper of the Video Conference, Click Here
- Download Agenda of the Video Conference, Click Here
Presentation During Video Conference
- Download Presentation on”Roadmap for the Implementation of SAARC Framework Agreement on Energy Cooperation (Electricity)” by Mr. Jiwan Sharma, Mr. Subhrajit Datta Ray and Mr. Sambit Kumar Dash, Click Here
- Download Presentation on”Deepening Power System Integration & Cross Border Electricity Trade in SAARC Region: Current Status & Future Outlook”, by Mr. Rajiv Ratna Panda, Click Here
- Download Presentation on”Competitive Wholesale Electricity Market in Pakistan”, by Mr. Abrar Hussain, Click Here
Video Conference Proceeding
You may submit comments/views and/or observations on the Video Conference to SAARC Energy Centre through email to Mr. Ahmad Talha, Research Fellow (TT) (email@example.com).