SAARC Energy Centre (SEC) successfully conducted a webinar on “Cross Border Electricity Trade (CBET) in SAARC Countries” on 11th August 2020. SEC had earlier conducted a webinar on the same topic in March 2020 however, given the importance of the subject, SEC decided to organize another webinar on this topic
South Asian countries, which are facing challenges in meeting growing electricity demand, can benefit from the increase in cross-border electricity cooperation and trade by harnessing commentaries in electricity demand patterns, diversity in resource endowments for power generation, and gain from larger market access. It is important for SAARC member states to have power interconnections with neighboring countries for stable base load supply, energy diversification, and climate change mitigation.
In this webinar, experts from SARI/EI India shed light on the current status and future outlook of CBET with some key enablers in the SAARC region. An expert speaker from GEIDCO shared the experience of electricity trade between China and ASEAN countries.
The Webinar Report, Concept Paper, Agenda of the Webinar, and Presentation Webinar are available at the links below:
- Concept Paper of the Webinar, Click Here
- Agenda of the Webinar, Click Here
- Webinar Report, Click Here
Presentation during Webinar
- Cross Border Electricity Trade in SAARC Countries: Current Status and Future Outlook, Mr. Rajiv Ratna Panda, SARI/EI, India, Click Here
- Energy Interconnection and Trade of ASEAN and China, Dr. Jiang Han, GEIDO, China, Click Here